Holidays - Christmas, New Year and 2008
I'm having a hard time keeping my thoughts and emotions in place. They are out of control and I can't seem to identify the root or source of it. (Here's where I start messing up and pulling my hair.) Even though 2008 is here, I fall short of plenty. And that bugs me. It's not about imperfection, it's about how I fail to make something out of it and move in progression.
I ended 2007 the way I wanted to, though I missed several countdown parties with close friends. I want to believe that this year will be different, because last year, wasn't. Although it was painful, scary and completely out of my control, I'm grateful. Because God still proved faithful and loving.
He called Himself God, and I believe He is who He says He is. He made a miracle happen and He's not stopping there. So where to next? What's ahead?
I'm accustomed to having everyone back in school while I'm still on holiday - I had to experience 5 whole months last year. After almost 2 months, I realised that I really do miss my classmates. I've not met up with any of them since we broke for the holidays, except Stefanie, whom I met incidently in town. I'm glad that school is beginning in a couple more weeks. Not sure what it's going to be like but I'm looking forward to it!
Anyway, I learned from being in the Highlife Watchnight Committee. I met people, got to know them more, then regretted it, haha :p Just kidding. (Joel, you stole my Tea Valley cards!! Like, seriously!!) But it has been awhile since I last got myself involved in such events. Though I was away, missed meetings, couldn't lender much help or support, I'm glad Watchnight turned out the way it did :) Thank you, Watchnight Comm, for teaching me, putting up with me and being my brothers and sisters in Christ. We pulled through, with God leading us. Cheers to all of you :)
But my entire system has gone berserk. That's for sleeping at 7am and waking at 3pm, it's a vicious cycle of utter dooom! That explains why I'm still up at this unearthly hour. I really need to drag myself out of bed once my alarm clock goes off :(
The last two months of 07 were well spent, no doubt about that. I think I was really happy then, still makes me smile just thinking back :) Christmas, New Year and now, 08. The Yeo Family Retreat was different, but still enjoyable! Cousins do mean a lot, really. More photographs to mark happy smiles, joyous moments and, just moments.
Some of these pictures are recent, but most aren't because I was looking through our family's whole collection of photos and found some really, cute looking people :p
We've grown, from that, to this. Don't mind the funny clothes alright, haha!
And then, Brother Yeo and I have grown, from this and this, to who we are today. Again, don't mind the drool, I was barely a year old!
Priceless.
There's nothing that could possibly take the place of people you love. And that is why God, family and friends are irreplaceable.
My first entry of the year turned out to be happy after all, thank God :)
I will not be afraid to face 2008. God, if You have plans, fulfil them. I'll take a l.e.a.p of faith, and this time, I won't look back.
In loving memory of Natalie's 2007.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home